Facing a disability can be a challenging and life-altering experience, but thankfully, the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program exists to provide financial assistance to individuals who are unable to work due to a disability.
However, navigating the SSDI application process can be a complex and often overwhelming task. That’s where experienced SSDI lawyers like the team at Harvey & Carpenter, Attorneys at Law come in to help.
But the question that often arises is, “How do I pay for my SSDI lawyer?” In this blog, we’ll shed light on the payment process when seeking legal representation for SSDI claims, and how we can assist you through this process at our Mankato, Minnesota-based law firm, serving all of Southern Minnesota.
Understanding SSDI Lawyers’ Fees:
Before delving into how you can pay for an SSDI lawyer, it’s essential to understand how these professionals charge for their services. Most SSDI lawyers, including Harvey & Carpenter, work on a contingency fee basis. This means that they only get paid if they win your case. Here’s a breakdown of how it works:
- Free Consultation: At Harvey & Carpenter, Attorneys at Law, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. During this consultation, we’ll assess the merits of your claim and explain our fee structure in detail.
- No Upfront Costs: When you hire us to represent you in your SSDI claim, there are no upfront costs or fees to worry about. This can be a tremendous relief for individuals facing financial difficulties due to their disability.
- Contingency Fee Agreement: If we decide to take on your case, we will enter into a contingency fee agreement. This agreement outlines that our fees are contingent on winning your case. If we succeed in obtaining SSDI benefits for you, our fees will be a percentage of the backpay you receive, up to a capped amount set by law.
- No Win, No Fee: If, for any reason, we are unable to secure SSDI benefits for you, you will not owe us any attorney fees. This arrangement ensures that you do not bear the financial burden of legal representation if your case is unsuccessful.
- Reimbursement of Expenses: While attorney fees are typically a percentage of your backpay, you may still be responsible for certain case-related expenses. These expenses may include costs for medical records, expert witnesses, and other necessary documentation. We will discuss these potential costs during your initial consultation.
Benefits of Hiring Harvey & Carpenter, Attorneys at Law:
When you choose Harvey & Carpenter, Attorneys at Law, to represent you in your SSDI claim, you can benefit in several ways:
- Extensive Experience: Our team of experienced SSDI lawyers has a deep understanding of the SSDI application process, making us well-equipped to handle your case effectively.
- Personalized Attention: We treat each client with the utmost care and respect, providing individualized solutions tailored to your unique circumstances.
- No Financial Risk: With our contingency fee arrangement, you can rest assured that you won’t incur any attorney fees unless we successfully secure SSDI benefits for you.
- Local Representation: Based in Mankato, Minnesota, we are proud to serve all of Southern Minnesota, ensuring that our clients have easy access to our services.
Contact Harvey & Carpenter Today in Southern Minnesota
If you’re wondering how to pay for your SSDI lawyer, the team at Harvey & Carpenter, Attorneys at Law, has you covered. With our contingency fee structure, you can seek expert legal representation without the fear of upfront costs.
We are dedicated to helping you navigate the complex SSDI application process and work tirelessly to secure the benefits you deserve. Contact us today for your free consultation and let us assist you in your journey towards financial stability in the face of disability. Your well-being is our top priority.