Mankato Workers Compensation Attorneys – Call Us Today to Speak to An Attorney
If you’ve been injured at work or have a medical condition that has worsened because of your employment, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, medical care, partial disability, further training, and help with seeking a new career. Worker’s Compensation in Minnesota is a no-fault system that provides benefits to employees who are injured at work. A no-fault system means employees aren’t required to prove negligence to claim the benefits they need. Employees still need to prove work caused the injury and that care, treatment, or the need for benefits is reasonable and causally related to the injury. At Harvey & Carpenter, we don’t get paid until you get benefits. No money is required for you to come in and discuss your case with a professional workers’ compensation attorney. Don’t suffer for months or years without the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for All Types of Injuries
When you hear the term workers’ compensation, an image of falling from a roof at a construction site or vehicle accident may be the first thing that comes to mind. However, there are many different injuries that occur due to work-related conditions and environments. Some common injuries we see in the Southern Minnesota area include:
- Back and neck injuries – Many employees spend their days lifting heavy objects, facing repeated strain, and repeating the same actions over and over. The injuries obtained from these stressors often require back fusion surgery or cervical (neck) fusion surgery.
- Carpal Tunnel – Not all work injuries are sudden impact injuries. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful condition in your hands and wrists that gradually worsens over time with repetitive movement. These cases may seem less likely to result in benefits, but qualified attorneys know how to navigate these claims.
- Shoulder or knee replacement – The repetitive movements related to many physical labor jobs can lead to knee replacement or shoulder replacement surgery. Sometimes, employees hesitate to report these claims because of preexisting conditions. However, the repeated movement required by employment often exacerbates the problem enough to lead to surgery.
- PTSD – Many careers carry a huge load of daily stress. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is caused by trauma. If this occurs at work, treatment and lost wages can be covered by worker’s compensation.
- Overuse syndrome – Most daily jobs require employers to repeat the same tasks over and over. This repetition causes injuries to tendons and other soft tissues throughout the body. A worker’s comp attorney can help guide you through the process to prove this injury was caused by work-related duties.
- Silicosis is a lung disease caused by breathing in tiny bits of silica, a mineral that is part of sand, rock, and mineral ores such as quartz. It mostly affects workers exposed to silica dust in occupations such mining, glass manufacturing, and foundry work.
Many employees mistakenly believe that workers’ compensation is reserved for acute injuries that require immediate surgery. However, many work-related conditions are developed over months or years of exposure to repeated labor or a difficult environment. Workers’ compensation benefits is not strictly designed to pay for medical treatment. Lost wages, job placement, and even retraining may be awarded when appropriate.
SCHEDULE FREE CONSULTATION
Mankato Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Attorneys Ruth Harvey, Chris Zimmerman, and Chris Carpenter have been representing injured workers in Mankato and the surrounding areas in Southern Minnesota for over 50 years. Our firm has handled thousands of cases, winning employees the benefits they deserve after suffering a job-related injury. Focusing only in workers’ compensation claims, and social security claims; our attorneys are experts at getting those necessary benefits you deserve. We work hard to get you all the compensation and benefits you deserve. We don’t get paid unless you do. If you’ve been injured at work, don’t wait, contact us today.
Often, employees are confused about the meaning of work-related injuries. Any condition that caused, accelerated, or worsened by work-related activities should be considered for workers’ compensation benefits. If you’ve been injured or are facing other work-related medical conditions in Mankato or surrounding Southern Minnesota counties, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Finally! Social Security Benefits
Mike suffered from mental disabilities, which caused him to struggle with employment. For five years he worked with other representatives to apply for Social Security Disability benefits, without success.
Brad (name changed) who was in his 50s when he injured his shoulder, had restrictions making it so he could not return to his good paying job. He was looking at his workers compensation benefits ending soon and sought help from Harvey and Carpenter.
Claimant Awarded More than $59,000
Donald applied for Social Security and was denied. Our office helped him with the appeal process. J. Chris Carpenter represented him at the hearing. One issue was why his symptoms seems to come on around the time of his application and not earlier.